Employment Opportunities from the Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center
JOB TITLE: Business Manager, Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center, Prior Lake, MN
Under the direction of the Director of the Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center and the Lay Advisors Committee, the Operations Manager is responsible to fulfill the mission of living the Gospel Life embraced by St. Francis of Assisi by overseeing and coordinating management, facilities, finance, and operational activities.
The Business Manager role is a 20 hour a week, flexible with days and requires being available occasionally on weekends and evenings for Special events.
Alignment with Franciscan Values:
At the Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center, we are proud of our 50 plus years to serve in Christ’s name His work of healing, teaching, and spreading the Good News of God’s eternal and overwhelming love. The ongoing legacy at the Franciscan Retreat Center for the retreatants is for all to enjoy a quiet environment among beautiful natural surroundings, savor the great food, stay in a quaint room, listen to spiritual programming, and reflect in the chapel.
We are looking for an individual who shares our core values:
– Open Communication
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Develop and lead in the implementation of an annual operations plan
– Help maintain the efficient functioning of the Franciscan Retreat and Spirituality Center
– Investigate ways to reduce expenses and improve income
– Research bids and options for repairs, improvements, and major projects
– Oversee and identify needs of basic maintenance of the facility
– Coordinate and work with special and major projects
– Assist the retreat director, bookkeeper and lay advisors committee in reviewing financial reports and budgets
– Prepare retreatant, financial and business reports to the lay advisors committee for the quarterly meetings
– Seek out and work with volunteers who can be helpful and willing to serve
– Conduct direct reports performance reviews on an annual basis
– Perform primary Purchasing and Sourcing activities of common goods
– Supervise in conjunction with the Director the following staff: Bookkeeper, Facilities Manager, Grounds Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Kitchen Manager, Office Assistant
– Perform other duties as assigned
– Organizational and managerial abilities.
– Relevant work experience in supervisory positions.
– Ability and eagerness to work in a collaborative manner.
– Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
– Self-sufficient, self-motivated, reliable, and takes initiative.
– Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel,
Education and Experience:
– Experience in business administration, business management, operations, or finance.
– Degree in Business administration, business management or finance, preferred.
– Experience working in a retreat setting or equivalent environment, preferred.
General Human Resource Activities:
– Perform a Background check on final candidate.
– Request two references and contact them for final considerations.
– Compensation is a salary based on the candidates experience and abilities.
To apply please email your resume with a short note on why you would be good for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we are a Catholic Retreat center, we welcome spiritual seekers from all faith walks. Catholic in nature, we offer Christian Retreats that can be enjoyed by all.
Click on Retreat Schedules for details on the daily schedule of our Weekend and Midweek Retreats.
Some tips on How to Make a Retreat.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page provides further information on our retreats, our facilities, and the typical offering we request for attending our retreats.
Click on How To Get Here and consult a road map for directions to Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center.