Attending Retreats in the Pandemic Era
Covid precautions at Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center – updated October 8th 2021
- All retreatants are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated
- Masks will be required indoors at the retreat center except in the dining room while eating and in the bedrooms
- Anyone is welcome to social distance in the back of the chapel or in the Marian Lounge
- Meals may be taken in the dining room, outdoors, or to the bedroom
- Masks will be worn while in the serving line
- We will not serve popcorn during the movie
- Singing with masks will be allowed in the chapel
- Communion will be given to the recipient at their seat
- Only team members will serve as lectors
- Team members are free to set their own requirements for Spiritual Direction, i.e., only seeing people who are fully vaccinated, social distance within that room
- Confessors will be social distanced
- An air filtration system (seven units) has been installed throughout the Retreat Center
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) filtration can reduce the potential for airborne transmission of COVID-19 indoors when used with other best practices recommended by the CDC).
- Buffet line has all new equipment including state of the art sneeze guards
- Retreat Center Staff serves the food
- Kitchen staff all wear masks
- Eating locations/options:
- In dining room
- Outside (weather permitting)
- Taking meals to your own private rooms
- 2 electronic hand sanitizers have been installed (no touch required) to augment the many bottles of hand sanitizer spread throughout the retreat center
- All retreatants must sign our Participant Release Form; please sign this form and bring it with you when you check in.
We may need to refine these protocols, especially as guidelines from the CDC, the state and the Archdiocese are updated. Thank you for understanding.
Click on Retreat Schedules for details on the daily schedule of our Weekend and Midweek Retreats.
Some tips on: How to Make a Retreat.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page provides further information on our retreats, our facilities, and the typical offering we request for attending our retreats.
Click on How To Get Here and consult a road map for directions to Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center.
Should you have further questions, please call us at 952-447-2182 or contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website at Contact Us