For those attending retreats in the pandemic era, this page lists the changes we need you to be aware of.
Due to the Covid-19 Virus and the limitations on group gatherings we have had to make several adjustments to the way that the retreat will be conducted. I have enclosed a copy of the Participant Release Form; please sign this form and bring it with you when you check in. All retreatants must sign this form. Participant Release FRSC
Here are some of the changes that we want you to be aware of:
1) There will be no light supper on the first evening. Retreatants are asked to check in from 6:00-7:15 pm. If you do arrive early, you will need to make arrangements for your own meal. You may bring a sandwich with you or avail yourself of some of the nearby take out restaurants.
2) All meals will be boxed and available in the Retreat Library at specific times. No meals will be served in the dining room because we cannot safely practice social distancing with the numbers attending the retreat. Retreatants will be asked to either eat in their bedrooms or outdoors. (You may wish to consider bringing
a lawn chair if you wish to eat outdoors.) Boxed Meal Menus
3) Retreatants and staff need to wear face masks in the common areas: the Chapel, Library, Marian Lounge, Spiritual Direction / Confession Rooms, Lobby and hallways. Spiritual Direction/ Confession rooms will be set up so that social distancing may be practiced. Confessors and Spiritual Directors will sanitize the space after each visitor.
4) There will be no meal to conclude the retreat on Sunday. If we cannot use the Dining Room it doesn’t make sense for retreatants to eat a boxed lunch in their room after Mass. We will have a hot boxed breakfast available on Sunday morning.
5) In order to practice social distancing in the Chapel, places where people may sit will be clearly marked. We ask that once you choose a place, that you utilize this space for the remainder of the Retreat.
6) Social distancing will need to be practiced by everyone while in the building and while walking the retreat grounds.
7) Coffee, hot water and ice will not be available in the Hospitality Room, nor will there be any snacks for sale. Please bring whatever snacks you wish for your stay here. One of the kitchen or retreat staff will be pouring coffee, hot water during the morning. Please bring a refillable water bottle if you have one.
9) The public bathrooms in the Marian Wing will not be available during the retreat. We ask that you use the bathroom in your room.
10) We will continue to follow the practice on this retreat of each retreatant not having to share the bathroom with an unrelated person. For the remainder of the year, all of our retreats will follow this practice.
11) Holy communion will only be given in the hand. Holy Communion will only be given
under one species.
12) Due to the dangers of congregational singing, our Music Minister will be cantoring or
playing instrumental music during prayer services and liturgies.
We may need to refine these protocols, especially as guidelines from the CDC, the state and the Archdiocese are updated.
Thank you for you understanding.
Br. Bob Roddy, OFM Conv.,